Google

Saturday, August 20

White Stripes at the Dodge


The show last night was outstanding. The opening act was the Greenhornes (http://www.greenhornes.com/). They sound like a garage band out of the 60's. Their 30 minute set was the perfect primer for the White Stripes. Below is the setlist from the Stripes:

1) Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
2) Black Math
3) Blue Orchid
4) Passive Manipulation/Listen To Me
5) Wasting My Time
6) Jolene
7) Hotel Yorba
8) Forever for Her
9) Hard to Love
10) We are Gonna Be Friends
11) Denial Twist
12) Instinct Blues
13) John the Revelator
14) Nurse
15) Ball and Biscuit
16) The Doorbell
17) I Don't Know What To Do With Myself

Encore

1) I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonley Yet)
2) Same Boy You've Always Known
3) Pretty Good Lookin' (For a Girl)
4) Hardest Button to Button
5) I Think I Smell A Rat
6) Seven Nation Army
7) He's Looking For a Home

There were ton's of blues riffs intertwined between the songs. Since I didn't know the names to most, I didn't list them above. Bec thought the show was rushed compared to their Mesa show but I didn't mind the cappuccino-enhanced pace of the show (which clocked in at a little over two hours).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home