Google

Friday, April 28

Paul Myers Remembered

(from J. Gomez)
I also am not a person that can verbalize my emotions... This tragedy has opened up allot of emotions that for so long I have bottled up inside for many years.

Even though I didn't get to know Paul as well as others I too have my few encounters and memories of him. Half of the time he left me scratching my head because he was just so off the wall.....I can see now after this devastating event for me to see Paul for the unique, funny, and one of a kind guy he was. Even shy at times.

Why is it that I can picture him at his desk making that folder for Ruth? It makes me feel good to know that for some odd reason..... One phrase that comes to mind with Paul is "Mikey, He'll eat anything." No shame in grabbing or asking for food.

Maybe this could be something for everybody to do within our Dept to help us in voicing and venting our feelings. I know it's helped me.

Here is a little message from Manny Torres that had me laughing! I thought I would share this with all of you...

I'm gonna miss him a lot. He was a good guy. At times he could be strange but that was just paul and you loved him for that. Otherwise he would have been just some boring white guy. Steve used to call him blackie cause he would show up to the basketball games with his white shoes and black work socks :-)....

Sorry Steve... Whoever you are...

(From H. Dow)
We the friends and coworkers of Paul Myers want you to know the person you will be fighting for. We also want the people of the jury to know that Paul was not a random stranger whose life was tragically taken but a son, brother, and friend to so many people. The loss of Paul’s life has left an empty space in many people’s hearts. The careless actions of another have now forever changed the lives of all those people.

There were no strangers to Paul, he only saw potential friends. He could start up a conversation with anyone and in a very short time have a new friend. Paul treated everyone with the same respect and concern. He talked to the cleaning lady each and every day. How many of us can say we take the time to do that even with our families or some of our closest friends and coworkers?

Paul was phenomenally smart but he always would take the time to share anything he knew with you if you asked. He was quirky in a way that always had us laughing from his comical takes on life in the office to his strange cooking concoctions that he tried to pawn off on us. Every one of us has more than one story of something he did or said that made them laugh.

Paul always made you feel important. I can’t remember a time when I talked with him that he did not give me his full attention. If you went to his cubicle to ask him a question he always turned to face you and listened to you. No matter how busy he was if you needed help with something he would stop what he was doing and help you as best he could in that moment. When Paul told you he would do something for you he did it. He never let anyone down.

The words above only begin to touch the surface of who Paul was as he was many things to many people. It would take pages upon pages to fully explain the wonderfulness of Paul; however I hope this letter gives you enough insight to understand that Paul was more than just another person on the street. Paul was a privilege for us to have in our lives and we are angry, distraught, sad and hurting that we will no longer get that privilege.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home