Google

Monday, April 23

Great White Shark's First Concert

My first gig ?

This is a bit hard to remember given the number of brain cells I have burnt out in the intervening years , but I ' think ' it was Chicken Shack ( with Christine Mcvie of Fleetwood mac on vocals /piano ) She was then going by her maiden name of Christine Perfect . This was at
Bridgend WMCA in South Wales - a real dump of a venue . Around 10 people were in attendance and we were the only ones who liked the band ( who were a seminal part of the british blues rock scene ), the other audience members threw pennies at the stage , but we were welded to the apron of the tiny stage and ignored them. We helped carry the groups amps on and off stage from their commer van. it was a great gig . must have been september or october 67 as the band did not form until august 67 . If this wasn't my first rock gig then it was john mayall. fleetwood mac, aynsley dunbar retaliation et al at the far more prestigious Saville theatre in london in September 1967- this was one of the first Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac shows and the first time I saw Mick Taylor onstage- looking about 14 years old and he hardly looked at the audience the entire time he was onstage . He must have been 17 or so at the time but he looked much younger. One of these events was my first rock gig . but I think I saw the jacques loussier trio before this - they were a jazz trio who jazzed up bach- probably in 1965. and I was taken to see an pipe organ concert in london by my dad when I was about eleven . Does that count ?

der kommander

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home